Sunday 30 January 2011

Grandma's old Baking Book


‘Have you still got a copy of your Grandma’s recipes?’ has been a regular question whenever I’ve been back to the Bolton-upon-Dearne, where I grew up in South Yorkshire. Shortly after Grandma died 30 years ago, I collated her recipes into a booklet entitled ‘Grandma Abson’s Yorkshire Recipes’ and sold them across the North of England. In fact, they sold like hotcakes.



I’m planning on launching the book again by this summer. Grandma was very proud of her baking, whether it was winning prizes or having family and friends sampling cakes and puddings. Her recipes stand the test of time, they were simple yet scrumptious. I can’t wait to see them in print again. The process has just begun with the manuscript now sent off to FCD  to do the graphics and design. I’ll keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.