Friday 6 May 2011

Designing Grandma Abson's Traditional Baking book

Mark (and me) fine-tuning Grandma's book

I've written before about the book of Grandma Abson's Traditional recipes which I am launching this summer. This is not the first time that Grandma's recipes have been in the bookshops. Thirty years ago, I published a booklet of her popular recipes which sold like hotcakes across the North of England. I’m hoping to tell Grandma's story again with a fuller selection of her favourite recipes with the release of the new book and an ebook too and really keep that baking legacy alive. 

I’ve been working on the book cover and page layout with a local design company FCD. The Creative Director, Mark and his colleagues have come up with some fantastic ideas to visually convey Grandma's story.

We've spent the past few weeks working on the cover, the text and photos inside, and now they've sent it across to York Publishing Services who are now doing proofs. Needless to say, I have made lots of cakes and biscuits for them to try to really get a feel of what the book is all about.

I'll be pressing the print button in the next few weeks, so watch this space for updates.

1 comment:

  1. As the recipient of both chocolate brownies and chocolate cake, I can say that we at YPS think that the book will be a huge success!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.